I have a floppy which I use daily in a Solaris 7 environment.  When I
try to use it in Linux-Mandrake it is usually mounted as "read-only,"
forcing me to copy the files to the hard disk before I can work with them.
Then I have to copy them to another floppy, and copy them back to the
original floppy using Solaris.  Occasionally the floppy mounts as read/write
however, for no reason I can discern.  If I then make any changes to a file,
instead of getting a changed file, I get a new file with the same name --
only in capital letters and with a tilde after the name.  Why does
Linux-Mandrake create a new file with a tilde after the name.  Why does it
change the name to capital letters.  Is there some way to get it to stop
doing this?  Thank You.  /Ian