-----Original Message-----
From: Foyah Z. Freeman, Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2000 12:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [newbie] How do I install Mandrake to a 2nd IDE hard drive?

Hello Greg,

I am a newbie also and have successfully installed Mandrake 7.0 on a second
ide drive.  Mandrake 7.0 will ask you during the installation where to
install.  I don't quite remember the step, but I believe it is the selection
for partitioning your drive, you will see selections that look like this:
                Fat 32 [this actually refers to your c: drive, the 6gb or
the drive with Windows
                Hdb1   [this is actually your d: drive]
This is the drive you want to install on; just check it first because it
shows you the size of the drive you select (something like 4100k).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO SELECT THE FAT 32 PARTITION!!!!!!!

I wouldn't worry much about this installation, it is very smooth.  I have
tried mandrake 6.0, 6.1, suse 6.3,
Caldera openlinux 2.3, red hat 6.0, and corel linux deluxe edition.  All of
my mandrake distributions have gone well except that this time, for the very
first time, I have been able to install fairly easily and also get my SBLive
sound card to work without me doing anything special.

The last step helps you install LILO so you can type linux or windows to
load the respective operating system.

This is good stuff man.  I hope you try installing and have fun doing so.
Let me know if it works.

Good Luck.

Foyah