At 08:51 AM 2/6/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Joe, man7 has a good upgrade built into the instllation wizard,
>though it takes about an hour to install because it has to do
>extensive scanning of your current config before it starts.

I'm the original asker actually. And an hour doesn't bother me. Not when it
would take a zillion hours to download the iso image to begin with.

By the way, Go!zilla is worthless. The current version (3.5) won't actually
download anything! It will connect, login (in the case of an ftp server),
and then say "negotiating transfer", whereupon it will hang (yes, these are
anonymous FTP servers, and if they weren't, it should tell me about any
authentication failures instead of hanging anyway).

I emailed their tech support of course; needless to say, as it's not an
open source type thing, I came prepared for them to be reluctant to
actually bother fixing or giving a workaround for this egregious
showstopper bug (which, as is typical with these non-open-source freebies,
should have ben caught in alpha testing and made it into a release!) -- so
I took a hostage. I told them they had 24 hours to tell me a viable
workaround or I'd double click the little "unwise.exe" icon of a recycle
bin they so kindly provided in the Go!zilla install directory.

The deadline ran out earlier, and, not surprisingly, they had not responded
at all, not even to tell me it was a "known problem with no known
workaround" or a "feature, not a bug"...

--
   .*.  "Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not
-()  <  circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a