Craig wrote:

> dave wrote:
>
> > Craig wrote:
> > >
> > > I am very new to Linux, I'm triple booting with Win2K, Win98, & Linux
> > > my Epson Stylus Photo 700 works fantastic in all three.
> > > Craig
> >
> > Photo printing looks good/great???  Really sounds like Epson is the only
> > way to go!  I still have on a shelf somewhere an old Epson Stylus Color
> > 600 I think.  Might be time to get a new one, though.  I can always sell
> > the HP880 to a windows user at work :-)
>
> Photo Printing, well I've scanned pictures of my kids, and printed them out
> on photo quality to blow them up to larger size for framing. Using photo
> quality paper, you can't tell the difference, infact after a little photoshop
> tweaking of the image, the printed ones look to have truer color than the orig.
> Craig

Okay, I see what y'all are saying...high praise for the Epson S. P. 700!   Since
I'm looking for a new printer right now, I went right out to find me one of those,
and where I live (Austria) I couldn't find one!

Or could I?   I found Stylus Color 740, 750, 860 and numerous others, but none
that were "exactly" 700 or 800 (the 800 was in the Linux-compatible listing).  My
question is this: when y'all are talking about the 700, do you mean "only" 700, or
would the driver include the entire 700 range (i.e., anything between 700-799)?

Thanks for the help!
Lance