Following a recommendation I fired up Gnome in addition to KDE.  Floppy and
CDROM won't mount under any user.  Where do I change the authorizations for
root use and user level use of CDROM and Floppy?  I hunted for GIMP, tried to
reinstall from CD, can't mount CD.  Days later gave up and tried installing
again to larger hdc added in meantime.  Install seemed okay, but mouse won't
work using same settings as on hda.  Confused again.  Logitech Marble Mouse
works fine from hda but won't from hdc boot.
Wife tackled me as I was running to throw whole damned thing in ocean, said
needed faith...  (okay, stretchin' a bit)  Strained terribly by the beauty of
Linux, KDE, Enlightenment, and Gnome vs the struggle to find resolutions.
Feels like the unreachable dream.
Low on sleep in Alaska