I had this same problem in 7.0 but when I tried 7.02 the problem went away
??

Mandrake has a patch for this on there site (under last minute stuff), but
it didn't work for me with 7.0

You can install in text mode and it isn't as "flashy" but it does the same
job.  Use the txt_boot.img image on the CD instead of the cdrom.img image.
I think you can just type "txt_boot" when you get the boot prompt when your
computer boots from the install CD.