Already posted today, but you may not have seen it....

Add umask=0 to each entry in your fstab file.

Easiest way is to go into linuxconf, select the partition giving trouble.
Edit it and find the box marked permissions. Enter zero (0).

When you look at your fstab there'll be a umask=0 statement in each
partition you've edited. This should now do the trick.

As for locking KFM up, whilst you're checking your fstab file, remove the
conv=auto line, as Lance suggested....

Steve Flynn
IBM MVS Operations Analyst

Adam Stark wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been having some problems lately getting read/write permissions for
> regular users enabled on my DOS partitions.  One of you told me that all
you
> have to do is use kfm to navigate to the /mnt directory, look at the
> properties, and adjust the group permissions to "users".....doing this
while
> logged in as root.  It didn't work.  Now when I try to access that
particular
> partition with kfm the WHOLE system crashes...strange because I thought
Linux