Perhaps inetd is not running (I believe it doesn't start at boot time when you
set the security to medium or high). Check if it's running:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/inetd status

If it says it's not running, add it to your system V init scripts (using the
SysV init editor found in your start menu under "'system" I believe).

ps: it might be nice if you read some info on the System V init script workings
before you start meddling with it.

--

Rial Juan                  <http://nighty.ulyssis.org>
                e-mail:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]