I don'tknow about Mandrake 7.0 but under 6.5 a call to /sbin/sndconfig as
root sorts a lot of cards out. Have you tried that?

The odd thing is the playing half of the sample. Is it playing it at double
sample rate or anything?

Steve Flynn
IBM MVS Operations Analyst

Shawn Somers AKA Razer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 28/02/2000 20:15:56

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]