I have tried several times to get kde or any desktop manager going in
mandrake 7.0
I have installed a few version of mandrake previously and succeded. This
install of 7.0 has failed failed failed. I don't mind working from the
command line, but there are some kde dev tools i want to try. I can't for
the life of me get the desktop up. I get to the windows login then two
console screens come up. i tried renstall selecting only kde , i tried
typing xinit the kde, i tried just kde. Nothing works.
any help would be great. for the mean time i am going back to redhat's
distro.
thanks all