It depend on the shell you are using. I'll assume you're using bash.

Log in as your usual userid (please don't say this is root!)

cd ~
vi .bashrc

See that line that says PATH=

Add stuff onto the end of it - seperate paths with colons

Save the file and logout

Log back in again

set

You should see a list of all of your shell variable scroll up the screen. Check
the value for 'path'. It should have all of you're changes reflected in it.

(Substitute your favourite editor for 'vi' if you like....)

Steve Flynn
IBM MVS Operations Analyst

"Brent Timmer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 13/02/2000 17:19:56

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]