are you able to telnet out from your linux box? If yes, try to telnet back
to itself.
If it doesn't work, check that you have the telnet-server service there.

If there isn't any, the telnet-server rpm can be found in the installation
disk.

hope it works for you.

                    David Russell

                    <David_R@minds        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    pring.com>            cc:

                                          Subject:     Re: [newbie] telnet

                    02/15/00 10:08

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to newbie

To be honest, haven't enabled http (no http server) or ftp.

But, we're running over a TCP/IP network and ping, printing to a
TCP/IP printer and http and e-mail client services work.

I would say my TCP/IP is fine. The Mandrake box also works fine as a
telnet client, but not as a host.

-David