I finally got my modem to semi-work....thanks to those who posted on isapnp
and modifying the .conf file.

I'm now have a problem staying online.  I stayed online maybe 10 min last
night but my connect was a paltry 2kbps when I usually get 4+ kbps.

Here's something I'm questioning:

[this is from dmesg]

Serial driver version 4.27 with MANY_PORTS MULTIPORT SHARE_IRQ enabled
ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
ttyS02 at 0x03e8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A

ttyS0 is my mouse
ttyS2 is my modem

My question is this:  shouldn't the modem be on ttyS1?  Can both mouse and
modem share irq 4?  In my bootup message, I do get a conflict error and a
[FAIL].  I'll have to go back into Linux to copy that message logfile into
Windows so I can post it here tho.

Thanks in advance.

Ron Sinclair
AKA NipponDSM