Hello List,
I am using LM7.0b(Oxygen) which until yesterday was running well pending
receipt of LM7.0(Air).  Then I tried to recompile the kernel which
succeeded apart from Kppp(since fixed) and mounting of floppies.
I have a problem which has previously been posted but following the
thread in the archives sheds no light on the solution.
When recompiling I elected to retain Supermount which had been working
well.  Now, it works with cds but not with floppies.
When I click on the desktop floppy icon the KFM screen opens followed
shortly by a KFM Error ! Could not list directory contents file:
/mnt/floppy/ .
My /etc/fstab reads:
/mnt/floppy  /mnt/floppy  supermount  fs=vfat,dev=/dev/fd0  0 0
The cdrom entry is identical, apart from the filesystem.  I have tried
using auto, autofs and ext2 in the floppy entry, without success.
If I try to open the /mnt directory in KFM the screen freezes, requiring
CTL-ALT-BKSPC to unfreeze.
If I use FileRunner(fr), the mount directory opens showing the
following:
./ 1024(filesize)
../ 1024
DOS_hda1/ 8192
DOS_hda5/ 4096
cdrom 0(then after first use 2048)
disk/ 1024
floppy/ 0
If I attempt to open a floppy in fr I get a screen:
Error in path
/mnt/floppy
! Error: Couldn't change working directory to "mnt/floppy": I/O error
Please edit new path or cancel.  If you want to create it, press Create.
Pressing create or OK has no effect and the warning screen persists
until Cancel is pressed.
Unfortunately, this problem has affected the old kernel as well, so I am
completely unable to mount floppies.  My son recompiled his kernel on
his laptop at the same time and has the same problem.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem while retaining the use of
Supermount or, alternatively, how to get rid of supermount without
recompiling if possible.
Thanks.
--
Dennis Robertson   2/2 Sylvia Street NOOSAVILLE QLD 4566 AUSTRALIA
Phone: 61 7 54742343  Mobile: 0419 535539  Fax: Phone first for setup.