Lane Lester wrote:

> I said:
> > Well, since I don't do any programming, I just need a Java runtime called JRE.
> > I'm downloading the one from blackdown as Richard suggested, so here's hoping.
>
> Hmm, the file came in as a .tar.bz2, and tar doesn't recognize it. I'm not sure I've
>ever encountered a .bz2 before.
> --
> Lane
> ____
> Lane Lester / Madison County, Georgia USA
> Using Linux to get where I want to go...

If my feeble memory serves me a .bz2 is a zip (gzip) compatible compression with a
little more 'eSSion added to it.
Rather why we need to recompile a kernel with a "make bzImage" command to get the
kernel small enough to fit in Mr.
Gates "nobody will ever need more than 640k of memory" size limit on an winIntel chip.

--
Joseph S. Gardner
Senior Designer / Technical Support

Linux is like a wigwam...