As the owner/controller/adminstrator/whatever of my desktop system, I absolutely
=hate= the constant hassle that the user/root distinction imposes on my use of my
system. I've read all the arguments in favor of this dichotomy, but the fact of the
matter is that =I= am the one running this system; =I= am willing to take the
responsbility for any mistakes I make, and =I= want to be able to do what =I= want to
do.  And I want to be able to do it without any su root nonsense every time I want to
do something!

There! Now I feel better... but only if someone will tell me how to grant TOTAL root
capability to my user account. I ran linuxconf and clicked all the root permissions
for my user account, but I still get programs telling me, as a user, that I can't do
this and that.
--
Lane
____