Hi, I have solved the same problem unpacking again  in order to
overwrite the previous "Runme" file and the rest of them .Then I
could execute the Runme file again without trouble.
Good luck,

Date sent:              Sat, 4 Mar 2000 08:28:36 -0500 (EST)
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From:                   Lane Lester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                Re: [newbie] Word Perfect 8 for Linux install problem

> Michelle said:
> > I downloaded Word Perfect yesterday.  It unpacked normally.  When I tried to
> > run the file called 'Runme' it said there was nothing to do.  I ended up doing
> > a manual install (running install.wp).  I thought it installed everything ok,
> > but the file xwp was not installed.  I cannot run Word Perfect without it.
>
> Was it not installed, or will it just not run? Look in
/usr/local/WordPerfect/wpbin and see if it's there. If it is, then get in
that directory in a terminal window and execute "./wpbin". If it works,
then you can work out the issue of how to execute it normally,
depending on the window manager you're using.

> If it's not there, then you really do have a bad install and I don't have a ready
>fix in mind.
> --
> Lane
> ____
> Lane Lester / Madison County, Georgia USA
> Using Linux to get where I want to go...

Emilio Correa
e-mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.tuayuda.com.ar
(Informática/Listas de Correo)