At 07:18 AM 3/4/00 EST, you wrote:
>Matthew Loschmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>      I have a Rockwell 56k faxmodem on com1 and irq3 and my sound card is a
>> Riptide PCI Audio Legacy and I have the info on that to. I can't seem to
>> get linux 6.5 to find them. Why, it always returns an error saying that the
>> device is busy. How do I set them up. HELP
>>

>> Matthew
>Matthew,
>       What have you tried thus far?  Have you run sndconfig?  What was the
result?
>Have you tried kppp to set up your modem?  If the modem is on COM1 in
windows,
>set it to ttyS0 in kppp.  the query the modem and see what you get back.  It
>*might* be a winmodem, in which case it probably will never work and you'll
>need an external.
>HTH,
>Mike
>

>"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
>       -Benjamin Frankilin

>Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com.

MIke
        Yah, I've tried sndconfig and I've tried almost everycombination of IRQ's
and DMA's and I've tried all sound blasters. It always comes back with an
error that says the device is currently busy and cant configure it.
        I have also tried kppp to configure my modem as well as minicom and
neither of them worked they all came back saying the same thing either that
the device was busy or it could not initialize the modem or it just sits
there and tries to initialize the modem and doesn't go anywhere.
Thanx for the reply, if you have any more ideas let me know.

Matt