From: Emilio Correa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 10:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Installation difficulties

Date sent:              Sat, 04 Mar 2000 23:26:10 -0800
From:                   Ratsnake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     Ratsnake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                [newbie] Installation difficulties

> OK, after admitting that I was quite proficient at
> installing Red Hat Linux, and after becoming very
> disilussioned with Red Hat (i.e., the Linux version of
> Microsoft), I purchased the Mandrake distribution v. 7.0.
> Now, my hard disk has already been partitioned into 4
> separate compartments, as I was running Windows 98 and
> Windows NT.  However, I wiped my "C" hard disk in order to
> uninstall NT.  Now, after attempting to install the Mandrake
> Linux, I came to a dead end.  Admittedly, my hard disk is
> still partitoned, in other words, I only wiped the "C"
> drive.  I attempted to install the Mandrake Linux, and after
> re-booting, nothing happened, and the box automatically went
> into the Windows 98 O/S.  Any ideas, suggestions, etc.?
> What do I need to do to install the Mandrake Linux O/S?  Any
> help would be accepted.
> Regards,
> Bob

Hi, may be you should reinstall MDK and when you are configuring
the partitions, in the installation, try to delete them and rebuild them
paying attention on it, then when the installation prompt you where to
save lilo, choose MBR, and I think this may help, I hope so!!
Good luck!!

Emilio Correa
e-mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.tuayuda.com.ar