Wayne....if you cd /home that's where you will go.  Any user
account you add to the system (as root) will have their home
directory created as a subdirectory in that /home directory and
that is where your unprivileged user account is (if you have
one).  Root's home directory is not in the /home directory
though, it is in /root (not actually in /root as it IS /root).
So if you have an unprivileged user account and there are no
other user accounts then yes, /home is all yours.  I hope that
answered the question.

Alan