Hello,

Any help on this would be greatly apprecitated (I will gladly return help
on micro$ucks OSes - or if anyone wants some curtis mayfield mp3s - that
could be aranged).

I have want to set up internet access to my linux PC.  I would like a walk
through from start to finish and I will provide many details.  Hopefully
there is someone you guys know who has set up a PC with this NIC on USWest
DSL through a Cisco675.  If not maybe I can piece this all together.

I have a 3Com Etherlink 10 PCI TPO NIC (3C900B-TPO) and have Mandrake 7.0
installed.  I downloaded the 3Com driver from 3com at
http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/nic/linuxdownloading.htm
and read all about the installation in the readme and install files, and at
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html
but,
I get to where I think I know what to do , but then can't find "gcc" in
order to compile the driver into my kernel (hope fully that makes sense).

So - since I have gotten to an impass, I would like some one to maybe start
at the beginning with me and make sure I've done everything fine.

Feel free to email me - or - if you have a nice step by step, then for sure
you should post it here for all the nice folks

-Zachariah