Got mine running, but with a few probs too. The soundcard worked out of the box,
but broke down after a kernel recompile. In the kernel-source tree
(/usr/src/linux) I noticed a subdir called "emu10k1". Tried to recompile that
and reinstall, no go.

So I just downloaded a standard kernel from kernel.org, and compiled that one
(read the kernel-HOWTO if that sounds like chinese to you), and then compiled
and installed the creative labs driver I downloaded from the web. It now works
like a charm.

Broke automount though, since automount needs a patch applied to the kernel, and
I never bothered to look for it on the net. I'm used to mount my stuff manually
for more than a year with redhat, so automount is not really much of an issue to
me. Perhaps more stuff is broken, but my system works without problems, so
whatever...

--

Rial Juan                        <http://nighty.ulyssis.org>
                e-mail:              [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The little critters in nature; they don't know they're ugly.
That's very funny... A fly marying a bumble-bee...

Sign the petition at http://www.libranet.com/petition.html
Help bring us more Linux Drivers