Dear All-

I am unable to get the RPM for Redhat from samba.org to install
(samba-2.0.6-19991110.i386.rpm) on my Mandrake 6.0 system.

I keep getting the message "/usr/bin/make_smbcodepage: error in loading
shared libraries: /lib/libreadline.so.3: undefined symbol: BC".

I have tried installing readline-4.0-6mdk.i586.rpm and running ldconfig to
correct the problem, but it has not worked.

I have searched for help on this and have not found it, but I have found
another person who had the same problem with Mandrake 6.1 (except he built
the source, and gets the error when the smbd daemon tries to start).  He has
reverted to 6.0.5a and has no problems again.  This seems to be a Mandrake
specific problem maybe?

Any suggestions very greatfully received!

Thanks.

John