On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, you wrote:

> Of course I am utterly spoilt using a 2mb bandwidth and can well remember
> the frustrations of slow downloads however in this kind of scenario there
> is, like sex & violence on TV, an easy solution, its called the off switch
> or in computerese the mouse click -  lo and behold the problem is gone.
> Please feel free to enlighten me further if there is some aspect of this I
> have misunderstood since my one object was to lighten up peoples lives a
> little ( not stir up the hornets nest--- well one hornet anyway,again that's
> not directed at you of course)

I'm not against humour on the Internet, as my own web sites will prove. Equally
I'm not against a joke in email form. I am against large, unwanted, attachments
to email.

Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, it it not possible to tell what you
are downloading as an attachment - I use kmail.

A great many of us do have to pay for our connection on a time basis - I'm
fortunate that I have a freephone connection in the evenings and at the weekend
so it didn't cost me any extra money to download and dump this attachment.

The argument about the on/off switch is not valid as your email was on my ISP
server and I spent over 9 minutes wondering who had sent me this large file.

Please consider people who are less fortunate than you are - I seem to recall
that you have a radio connection to your maritime location,

--
Regards

John the Nadger

http://mklinux.cjb.net