On Fri, 25 Apr 2036, you wrote:
> Wow...a bunch of whiner's!!! (although a 2 MB file is quite large)
>
> If your ISP connect is so bad ie: crappy ISP, worse phone lines, or a 28.8
> modem...all of these can be fixed  fairly easily...the easiest would be to but
> a $40.00 hardware modem from Cirrus Logic or some other Co., and probably sign
> with a new ISP...even the phone lines can be upgraded if you complain to your
> TelCO enuff.
>
> Jaguar

Unfortunately some of us have no choice as to our telephone company. Things are
changing here in the UK but BT still have the lion's share of the market. I run
a 56K ISA modem and there's nothing wrong with the telephone lines. It doesn't
matter which ISP one uses here - they all give about the same performance. We
can install an ISDN line but that's very expensive.

I'm therefore stuck with about 4kb/sec download speed which means about 11
minutes to download that actual file.

If anyone knows of a way to set kmail to reject large files I'd be grateful.

I've already accepted that I was a little harsh but, as the rules have now been
changed, it should never (never say never) happen again.

As to posting in html - kmail doesn't really like it.

--
Regards

John the Nadger

http://mklinux.cjb.net