A friend of mine, to whom I owe a lot for introducing me to Mandrake, asked
me to post the following questions:

I finally got around to putting Mandrake 7.0 on my notebook...
I went to the trouble to do a new install...
I installed everything I could...
I end up with 5 kernels...

vmlinuz-2.2.14-15mdk
vmlinuz-2.2.14-15mdkfb
vmlinuz-2.2.14-15mdksecure
vmlinuz-2.2.14-15mdksmp
vmlinuz-2.2.14-1mdklinus

It defaulted to the last one vmlinuz-2.2.14-1mdklinus...
The problem with that is that there was no pcmcia modules for that
kernel...
It was simple to switch them and use vmlinuz-2.2.14-15mdk...
(which has modules for pcmcia already installed)...
But what are each of these, how do they differ?
I understand secure and smp...
But what is fb?
Floppy Boot fits, but it is a large kernel for that purpose...
Why did the install give me linus rather than no-name...
Particularly since I told it I had pcmcia things?

--
Lane
____