From: Yantai Arts & Crafts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2000 3:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] installation from hard disk

Hello,everybody,

I'm planning to install Mandrake 7.0 in my mini laptop,which doesn't have a CDRom,
so I want to install from hard disk.
I copied all the files to hard disk,made a bootable installation diskette using hd.img,
and began the installation.
But after I chose the parititon,format it,when the system looking for available packages,
it gave an error report:
missing some base files.
I tried it on my desktop,there is the same error.
Can anyone give me some suggestion about this problem? thank you.

Regards
Liu