I'm using Linux Mandrake 7.0 at work and I would like to stay hidden. A floppy disk
boot is possible but a boot from DOS using loadlin would be better.

So I made the standard manipulation :
1 - Logged as root and in a console window :
            cp /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14-15mdk /dev/DOS_hda1/dossiers/linux/vmlinuz
2 - I made that ".bat" file under DOS:
           @echo off
           smartdrv /C
           c:\dossiers\linux\loadlin c:\dossiers\linux\vmlinuz root=/dev/hda7

But the system hangs after few seconds of booting. Everything works fine until the
line"autorun done". But the following lines are:
Attempt to access beyond end of the device
... (a lot of error lines concerning the device)
Kernel panic ... etc ...

And then I need to reboot.

If I use the "-d" option the only message is :
Uncompressing Linux
CRC error
-- System halted

(nothing else)

What's wrong? Everything works well with a normal boot with Lilo or with the floppy.

The configuration is 1 HD with a primary partition used by dos (C: = hda1) and an
extended one with two logical drives for DOS (D: = hda5, E: = hda6) and then the linux
partitions.

Second question :
To restore a normal boot (without lilo), is the command line "fdisk /mbr" (under dos)?
I'm not sure of that thing because the last time I installed and used linux was in
1996 (it was faster with my old 486-66MHz/8Mo than today with that PIII-450MHz/64Mo!)
and I don't want to crash the thing (it's not my computer).

Thanks