Hi,

I have repeatedly installed Mandrake 6.1 onto my
system with general success... choosing "customize,
server". I found that the "server" class install was
very limited in what it loaded. So I changed my
installation approach to "expert, normal" with much
greater success. Except for one thing, upon reboot I
get "Missing Operating System". I can boot from the
boot floppy and get exactly what you'd expect;
Mandrake installed. I fugured I choose the wrong
partitian when configuring LILO the first time so I
tried again... infact several times. I have changed
when I partition /boot (1st or 2nd before or after
"/"), how I partitioned /boot (primary or extended), I
checked /etc/lilo.conf for correctly defining where
root and /boot are. and reran /sbin/lilo after making
any changes. STILL "missing OS". How / where can I
better diagnose this. THX!