> i would like to have some info on lilo,i know it is linux bootloader but i
> still have some questions:

I'll try to help.

when i install linux,is lilo only written to the
> primary boot sector? is it written anywhere else except for there

It can be installed there, or in the first part of your linux partition. But to
dual boot easier, you'll need to put it in the primary boot sector.

> install  windows after linux,primary boot sector changes and in order to
> boot from linux i am obliged to use a boot disc,how do i install lilo after
> installing win without reinstalling linux?

After booting into Linux from the boot disk, login as root and type "lilo". That
should reload lilo onto the primary boot sector.

and then why can't i boot from
> linux using boot magic after i have installed win,boot magic will not detect
> linux as OS in that case and i have to define the partition where linux is
> but that has no result,what should i do in that case?

No idea about boot magic since I've never used anything like that.

--
Anthony Huereca
http://m3000.1wh.com