I'm attempting to install Mandrake Linux 7.02 and want to run it through
BootMagic 1.0 that came with PartitionMagic 4.0

My setup is as follows:

I have two physical hard drives in my computer. The first drive has two
primary partitions and one extended partition divided into 5 logical
partitions. The first partition contains Windows 98 Second Edition, the
second partition contains Windows 2000. The second drive has one primary
partition and one extended partition divided into one logical partition. On
the second drive I have installed Linux to the primary partition which I
believe is listed as hdb1.

When I installed Linux I installed the bootmanager and pointed it to the
partition hdb1. Read it in here somewhere that this was the thing to do. .
Now when I boot to Linux using BootMagic the screen flickers madly and the
printer prints out the screen contents much like someone is sitting there
pressing [Print Screen].

I can boot Linux using the floppy disk I  created and it works great. What
I'd like to be able to do is boot into Linux using BootMagic. Can someone
detail the steps involved from the beginning to achieve this.

Regards,

Mark

If I throw a cat out the car window is that considered to be Kitty Litter?