Well here is my  two cents on this topic.  I have used Windows products from
early Dos to the Windows 2000 NT5.    I have to  say that for the
many years that I didnt know of anything better I liked Windows, or atleast
dealt wtih its inconsitencies.  When I decided to go with Linux, I got rid of
all of my Windows software.  All I had and have now is Linux, so in the
beginning it was a trial and error bit.  Now linux is a powerhorse  of an
operating system once you "kinda" understand it.  And think about it, before
you  ever used windows, did you know how to use windows?  Nope......you had to
learn it.  And if you ever used Dos and Win3.1 you would know that Windows  has
not always been plug and pray, lots of configuration was to be done with early
windows.  Now with that said, if you check with the distribution of Linux that
you wish to install on your system you will  normally find a hardware
compatibility list just  like with windows, for instance there is still
hardware that Will Not work with Windows2000, unless you work it.  So forget
all about your meager Windows mentallity and jump into linux full speed.
You'll get it........How bad do you want it?  that is the  true question

--Maxtor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.maxtors.com
ICQ: 68275472