[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have a generic video card, called '3D Excel - VC962-3D' with an S3 Virge
> chipset - the documentation says it uses the S3d 64-bit engine - It has 2MB
> VRAM, and in Windo$e it is capable of 1024x768 w/16-bit color - When I try to
> config X, the only resolution that works is 640x480 (all color depths) - I have
> tried all of the S3 Virge adapters in the list, and most of the other S3 cards
> also...

If I remember correctly, these cards require special treatment (I'm not
even sure they use the standard S3 server - anyone?).

Which leads me to the question -- do you have all the servers installed,
and is Xconfigurator calling the right one? You may need to manually
hack your XF86Config file. I did, and though it may seem daunting at
first, it's not so bad once you get over the initial shock.

What version of Xfree86 are you using?

-Stephen-