David Hugh-Jones wrote:

> Well, I don't dispute that most problems are hardware related. I had
> problems with my video and my graphics card. But that isn't the same as
> saying it is the hardware's fault. Linux should be able to cope with what
> people have on their machines. The hardware is a given.

It's not exaxtly "fault".  It't just that Linux being a newer OS, and having
less users, it stands to reason that it will have less harware support.

Of course Win doen't really have any  hardware support, it comes from
the manufacturers, through drivers etc etc.  Here Linux supprt is mostly on the
OS CD...

MarkP