[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have just setup mandrake 7.0 and have a SBLive sound card installed.
> After reading some different webpages I got the SB Live to play sounds
> using the media player (playing wav files) but can't get the system sounds
> to play.
>
> What would cause this? I have enabled the system sound but it won't play
> any sound when testing.

I had the same thing. I installed and tested my SB AWE32 with sndconfig
All worked well but no system sounds. I checked the setup several times
and didn't notice that it had been save as SB. I had no wave sounds. I
did the setup with sndconfig again and made sure it saved the setting as
sb awe32/64 and now the wave files work.