Try

        % uname -a

If this doesn't work, then check the versions of the kernel images and other
boot files in the /boot directory.

If neither of these work, then I'm not sure how else to check this.  There may
be a configuration file somewhere, which might contain this information;
however, if neither of the above methods provides the information you want,
then they should and you might want to report this in the Mandrake bug reports.

mike