Hi all,

I'm new to linux, but I've been studying it for awhile.  I had redhat
6.1 and 6.2 installed for a short time, but nothing has installed and
run as well as Mandrake 7 so far; Ive got everything detected except my
Promise card and the ide zip and third hard drive attached to it.  (I
love the way it instantly detected my new balless usb intellimouse.)

I tried applying the patch for redhat 6.1 from the promise website, but
it said it was compiled for a less recent kernel and would not install
(I have never had a successfully tarball installed tho, only used rpm
packages). I read somewhere that the kernel in mandrake 7 has native
support for the card, but I can't find anywhere how to activate it
(shudder I hope I dont have to mess with the kernel configuration or
something).  I have made a sincere attempt to locate info on this, but
cant find anything recent enough to be of use.

Anybody seen this problem or know how I can get the card up?

thanks,
dan