---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:11:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: Valjean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Re: [newbie] Install-Networking]

Ok, in my little network here..(from an earlier post)

> [Ethernet]        [Computer A]           [switching]
> [hookup]--------> [Mandrake-Linux 7]----> [hub]--------[Computer B]
> [to campus]      [Acting as gateway]        |          [Windows 95]
>                                          [Computer C]
>                                           [some other os]

I assigned Computer A at eth0 an "internal" IP of 192.168.0.1 and eth1 is
using the the campus DHCP server to lease its IP address.  And it
works..in the boot sequence, they all read as OK.  In the Computer B,
running Windows 95, I changed the TCP/IP properties so that it is using
192.168.0.1 as a gateway, I set it to "specify an IP address" of
192.168.0.2, and the DNS config is as follows: "Host"- anyname, used
mackenzie..."Domain"- myschool'sdomain.edu..."DNS Search Order"-
IP address of primary and secondary DNS servers..."Suffix Search
Order"(something like that)- my school's domain name.edu.
Sound ok?
Computer C is (gasp) a Mac..an old mac.  I know, but it was free and it's
part of the challenge.  I haven't setup the Mac yet (it's running MacOS
7.1 with MacTCP).
Then I turned to the IPCHAINS and IP Masquerading HOWTOs at
www.linuxdoc.org.....more than a bit confusing...but I did setup
/etc/rc.d/rc.firewall, with my information.  (As a bonus the IP
Masquerding HOWTO has setups for Mac).
Is there anything I am missing?
Valjean