Wayne,

Thanks that sounds great, I looked into disk drake and drooled a bit,
saying to myself, why is it inside of Linux, I wish I had it out here in
Win where it could really help me? :)  Your solution sounds very good to me
but I do have some questions that would help me to understand a bit better
how to exactly go about it.
Did you use partition magic when you split it in two? My version of
partition magic seems as if it will only create two new Linux partitions, I
haven't noticed any other options like reducing the original Win/dos
partition, except I think for possibly deleting it in the process.
How did you format your hard drive for Windows?  After you split your
primary hard drive in two and formatted the second partition, did you do a
fresh install of Windows or were you moving it from the first partition of
your hard drive to the second partition? Having your second partition as
your c: drive sound like a good option to me. After installing Linux on
your first partition how did you create the swap partition? Can you install
Linux prior to creating a swap partition and prior to formatting the first
partition? When LILO installs I will be delighted. :)

b/web

At 08:10 AM 4/19/00 +1000, you wrote:
>b/web,
>I will tell you how I set up my machine and hopefully this will help.  I
tried
>setting up a small partition for the /boot information, a partition for
>wind'ohs, and one for linux.  As my /home directory is on another drive
>this proved to be somewhat confusing.  In the end, what I did was this:
>I split my primary hard drive in two, straight down the middle.  I formatted
>the second partition and run the windows install, having this as my c:
drive.