I'm trying to install Mandrake 7.0 from CD-ROM to a gateway E5200 with 2
internal quantum fireball drives.
The drives show up in winnt, start->settings->control panel->scsi adapters
as:

Promise Technology Inc, Ultra66 IDE Controller-driver started
     Quantum FIREBALL LM
     Quantum FIREBALL LM

a search on for the drivers indicates that they are at c:
\winnt\system32\drivers\ultra66.sys

There are two CD-ROM devices that are definitely scsi identified.

The machine's owner says these are not SCSI devices and should not be
showing up ...
the computer support group says the owner is full of crap and of course its
a scsi drive.

anyway....the installation progresses to scsi  interface? will only accept
yes and does not list a drive for the disk.

Is there a way to tell the installation to use a different driver?

also is there a graceful way to get out of the installation program....
thanks for your help...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I am what I am and that's all that I am"......Popeye