Do a copy (cp) not a move (mv) !  It's a whole lot safer. Then you can
delete the old directories when you're *sure* you're system's *not*
messed up.

cp -R /home /mnt/b1/

I'm guessing you've already edited fstab in your /etc partition to
automount the new partitions under ./mnt/. Otherwise, try a manual mount
as root first:

mount /dev/b1 /mnt/b1

(assuming you've created /mnt/b1 with mkdir first)

I know, I know, you knew all that *but*.....

Del

--

                   \\\|///
                   ( o o )