On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, Ian Carmichael wrote:

>My machine is a Compaq Presario 1200xl109 Laptop and the documentation I
>got with it isn't very comprehensive.  I have found that the driver is
>for a 'Trident CyberBlade i7 (47)' which is listed in the first part of
>the setup but then I cannot choose the correct monitor for the install
>to complete.

Hi Ian,
Have you tried to select a generic VGA or SVGA monitor? That usually gets
you going, even though colors/resolution might be off. From there you can
look into things more. ALso, try posting your question to
alt.os.linux.mandrake on Usenet, someone there helped me to get my video
stuff going.

Paul

Spring is nature's way of saying:
"Let's party!!"