On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, you wrote:

> Hi
>
> Hi! I just installed Mandrake 7.02 and it works great but I thought mounting
>  a cdrom was automatic?   I have 1 cdrom and 1 cdrw (Smart & Friendly CD Pacer
>RW2224).  Mandrake installed icons on my desktop for both cdrom and cdrw but the cdrw
>will not mount.  It is set up as follows /mnt/cdr2,  Supermount and /mnt/cdr2 .  I
>have been unable to find doc's on this CDRW but am wondering if it is just setup
>wrong.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

This happened to me also.
seems like Mandrake decided the burner was a burner and set it up as such, but
did not load the ide-scsi module on boot

try 'insmod ide-scsi ' as root then try mounting the drive as /dev/scd0 and see
if that works

--
Alex
(Go easy on me, I'm a COBOL programmer in real life)