On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Thorsten Brenner wrote:

>i had my Dual-Boot-System running. (windows 98 and Mandrake 7.0).
>I decided to make modifications in my BIOS to optimizes it. After
>that my Windows assigned the new IRQ to my Hardware, but Mandrake
>didnīt. Now i want to setup my internetconnection by ISDN, but
>whatever i do, Mandrake says that the device is busy.
>Now my question:
>Do i have to install Mandrake again or is there a chance to reset
>hardware settings in Mandrake?

Hi Thorsten

Do you have Mandrake initialise the card with the MODPROBE command in
/etc/rc.d/local?
If so, update the IRQ setting there and reboot.

The line in my rc.local:

modprobe hisax io=0x180 irq=10 type=3 protocol=2 id=line0

(I use a Teles card which runs through Hisax)

Paul

CAT:
A pygmy lion that loves mice, hates dogs,
and patronizes human beings.
(Oliver Herford)

)0(----[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]-------------)0(
http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208