Was just going shopping for a modem this afternoon. Nov I have brands to look for. Thanks Evan.  See you later.
----- Original Message -----
From: Evan Holt
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] MODEM WORK AROUND

Hi there,

Thanks for the link, I have already put it on my web page because it's an excellent site that I refer to every once and a while. I'm slowly collecting good Linux web links and hope to put up a good Linux page on my site when I get some more time.

Unfortunately people have been working on the elusive Winmodem to Linux drivers for quite some time and since Winmodems aren't real modems, I think I'm still going to go support a company such as Diamond or Viking that made 'real' (external/Linmodem) modems and make them look nice. It could be some time before a driver is finished and all of the bugs are worked out.

Evan Holt