Hej there
I am new to this list, and I dont know how to search for diffrent
issues, that allready have been discussed - please tell me.
I have two problems.
1. I am about to buy me another printer - I have an 'good-old' HP-laser,
that I want to keep, and then have a Photo (Epson) printer, to work
under Gimp. But how to connect them at the same time? then I thought of
the USB-connection. - does it work on the 7.0 Mandrake? or do I have to
upgrade the kernel?
2. I have tried to install the new kernel 2.3.99-pre5 (it should be
close to the next stable edition). Everything worked just fine, but
unfortunately I had forgotten the ppp = no internet, so compiling again
(bzImage). This time I had a lockup = system halted. What am I doing
wrong? my commands are as follows: (naturally as root)
make xconfig
make dep
make clean
make modules
make modules_install

Any help will be greatly appreciated (and I hopes you can understand my
english)
Mogens Jęger
Denmark