MC_Vai wrote:

> I know this might sound a little bit freaky but I really need to do
> this.

You _really_ need to kill the HTML and the huge signature.

> It's a shool project which must simulate a conection to a WWW Virtual
> Store (a Linux-Mdk 7.0 PC with Apache) from a Win machine. But I
> really don't know where to start working on. My 1st question would be
> what is the proper IP Address for the Server? (does it have to be one
> of the privates [10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255; 172.16.0.0 -
> 172.16.255.255 o 192.168.0.0 al 192.168.255.255])

Depends on the situation.  If you've gotten an IP range assigned by your
service provider, you can use a public IP address.  If you're using NAT
(masquerading) on the Internet gateway, you'll need to use the private
address ranges you listed above (as well as configure the gateway to
forward HTTP packets to the proper internal machine).

Simple situation:  put private IP addresses on client and server
machines, put them on same network and away you go.  If you're not fond
of typing IP numbers to connect to the server, add the server's IP and
hostname to /etc/hosts on the client machine (or you could configure DNS
on the server and point the client to that for name resolution -- which
is better depends on network size and how often it changes).

> I really appreciate if someone could tell me the steps to achieve my
> goal. (very briefly I'm not asking for a detailed networking tutorial;
> I actually have some theorical knowledge in networking, It's just I
> don't have practical experience at all).

Unless you've skipped something in the description of the problem above,
there's not much practical networking going on...  :)

--
Steve Philp, MCSE/MCP+I
Network Administrator