On Sat, 29 Apr 2000, Hugh Semmler wrote:
> I did get my scsi card to work under Mandrake 7. But I can only scan
> when Logged in as root. How can I allow all users to use the scanner.
> I should know this, But for some reason I cant get it to work.

I've noticed that in linuxconf I can add users to user groups and that I, as a
user, was automatically? added to cdrom (it would be intersting to know how and
when this was done). It doesn't sound like just what you want but I wonder if
the scsi card/scanner shows up in 'user groups' and if you could add a user
there.