On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, Mad Marty wrote:

>Sorry if this is a dumb question but hey...

Not asking is dumb.

>Since I can't get Mandrake 7 installed (read my other post about how it
>crashes when it gets to installing shadows utils'), could I install say
>Red Hat and 'upgrade'?  How about if I stick with the same distribution,
>and upgrade RedHat 6.1 to the latest version?

I have found out that upgrading Redhat to newer Redhat is no problem. Also
upgrading Redhat to newer Mandrake is no problem. I would not advise on
upgrading Mandrake to newer Redhat, Mandrake has more options than Redhat
afaik.

Paul

The fear of death keeps us from living,
not from dying...