On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> Thanks very much for the information . . .  I tried XMMS and it played the file
> just fine.  I tried to set up Netscape to automatically bring up XMMS with this
> type of file but had no luck.  Could you please give me the settings under
> Mimetype and extension so I can plug them in.  I'd really appreciate it!
> Thanks again!

Thats a "feature" of XMMS - it doesn't automatically edit the MIME types.
You can either edit them manually (which is long and tedious) OR download and
install Freeamp. Freeamp is another very good MP3/Shoutcast player. When you
run it for the first time it will ask if you want it to change the MIME
types. Say Yes, then you're done. If you still want to use XMMS, at this
point go into Netscape->Edit->Preferences->Navigator->Applications and
change all of the freeamp %s to xmms %s. Thats what I did and it worked
fine....

-Chris